1. Bundle tubes together in groups of 1 to 10 tubes with a rubber band.
2. Place inside a leak-proof zipper storage bag or baggie.
3. Wrap the bundle with absorbent paper towel or newspaper (enough to absorb all fluid if all tubes break).
4. Place a Biohazard symbol in the box. It can be downloaded from the website:
http://pe.usps.com/text/DMM300/601_biohazard_t.htm – Or – write Biohazard on the plastic bag with a Sharpie permanent pen. DO NOT PUT BIOHAZARD SYMBOL ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!
5. Pack the bags with bubble wrap or absorbent news paper inside a box (do not use padded envelopes) and seal the box.
6. Address the box. Ship samples to the laboratory at the following address.
Waupun Veterinary Service
95 S Harris Ave Suite 203
Waupun WI 53963
7. Tape the following label to the outside of the box: “Exempt Animal Specimen.”
If you have questions, please consult with your local post office and/or check the information at the USPS website: http://www.usps.com/.